Last August 20, 2015, ABS-CBN, FPJ Productions and Dreamscape Entertainment commemorated the 76th birth anniversary of Fernando Poe Jr. as there was a tribute screening for FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano which happened in Trinoma Cinema 7. The soap is based on one of Da King’s iconic films released back in 1997, as a touching tribute not only to his life’s work but also to the honest and hardworking men and women of the Philippine National Police.
Per Maan D’Asis Pamaran (http://www.mb.com.ph), ‘There were several touching and significant elements at the event: The lobby of the Trinoma cinema had a red carpet, upon which walked the members of the cast headed by Miss Susan Roces, wife of the late FPJ. She says that she could not be happier with the choice of Coco Martin, who portrays the lead character in the telenovela. Senator Grace Poe, wearing the same powder blue hue as Miss Susan, also came to the premiere with her family.
Other guests at the event were the top brass of the PNP and big executives of ABS-CBN, along with other network stars who lent their support to the project. A mini exhibit was mounted, featuring the King of Philippine Cinema in his movie stills along with his family photos.
The telenovela starts off as a modernized retelling of the classic movie, with Coco as FPJ’s Ador. It follows his journey as a cadet of the Philippine National Police Academy, highlighting the rigors of their training while building bonds of brotherhood with their classmates. As he graduates, he faces the challenges that the upstanding officers of the law undergo.’ – Pamaran (http://www.mb.com.ph/ang-probinsyano-tribute-in-a-teleserye/)
It was the first five episodes of the soon-to-be Primetime Bida soap opera which was shown in the cinema house and after the last scene, applause and praises were heard. It was then a fact that ‘FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano’ is definitely a must-watch. And, here are a few things or reasons why you should watch ‘Ang Probinsyano’:
1. It is the comeback of the Primetime King, Coco Martin (after Ikaw Lamang which aired last 2014). He showcased an edgy and awe-inspiring acting performance.
2. You will feel like you’ve underwent the rigorous training of a cadet in the Philippine National Police Academy – emotions were raw, the sequences were well-made, you’ll feel what the cadets are feeling.
3. The classic Susan Roces will play an endearing character which you will surely love.
4. FPJ’s Ang Probibsyano will be the reunion of the highly solicited Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin (2011) main leads, Coco Martin and Maja Salvador.
5. This is the first Primetime soap opera of Bela Padilla in ABS-CBN. She brought a breath of fresh air in the soap.
6. There’s a new kid character who will surely charm you. This kid is full of quirks!
7. There’s a major surprise/twist/revelation which surely put you at the edge of your seat. This one you have to really watch out.